Contact info

Kingston Springs City Hall
City Hall Office Phone Number - (615) 952-2110 Ext. 5

Do I Need a Permit for That?

Construction or alterations to structures or property in the Town of Kingston Springs may require a permit.  Please CLICK HERE for a list of projects that Require a Permit.

If you are not sure if you need a permit for items not listed here please call Kingston Springs City Hall at 615-952-2110 ext. 5.

What if I have Questions on a project I'm thinking about?

If you have a project you're considering and you have questions please use our Concept Review Form found HERE.  Provide as much information about your project as you can and email the completed form to  Our Planning Department will review and provide comments and next steps for your project.

Building in Kingston Springs

The Town of Kingston Springs requires permits for several types of construction activities, including: decks, residential construction, commercial construction, accessory buildings (sheds, carports, etc.), installing a driveway, and grading. The town currently utilizes the 2015 version of the International Building Code.

Please note that a sprinkler system is required in all new commercial and residential development. Building and sign permits should conform with Kingston Springs' adopted zoning ordinancedesign guidelinessubdivision regulations, and sign ordinance. Building Inspection services are provided part-time to the town through an inter-local agreement with the Cheatham County Building and Codes Department.

Permit Applications

Applications are processed in the order received and will be reviewed as soon as possible.  Forms may be printed, completed, and emailed to: or dropped off at Kingston Springs City Hall during regular business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.  Please remember to include all supporting documents with each submitted application.

Commercial Building
Decks - Accessory Structures
Firework Sales
Grading and Excavating
Manufactured Home - Install or Removal
Residential Building
Swimming Pool - Above-Ground or Inground
Temporary Use

Codes Enforcement

Click here to submit a property maintenance complaint. Complaints are subject to an open records request, however staff does not volunteer complaintant information. Frequently asked questions about property maintenance include what to do when burning trash, mowing grass, and posting yard sale signs.

Kingston Springs, TN Floodplain Management Information